Highlights | Oral Histories | Indigenous Culture | Water | Huntington Industrial Park | Gorham Site Clean-Up | Partners & Related Projects
UPP Arts has collaborated with Brown University's John Nicholas Brown Center for Public Humanities and Cultural Heritage to conduct and archive dozens of oral histories about Mashapaug Pond. These oral histories are provided below, along with a guide for teachers on how the oral histories and other related resources can be used to meet Common Core standards.
- Voices from the Pond: A Teaching Resource - A guide for educators on how to use stories about Mashapaug Pond to meet curricular standards in Language Arts, Science and Social Studies
- Rhode Tour - A good introduction to the history of Mashapaug Pond
- Mashapaug's Neighbors - An audio tour of Mashapaug Pond that includes a guide to conducting oral histories with youth
- Reservoir of Memories - A digital archive of an exhibit on the neighborhood around Mashapaug Pond
- Brown Digital Repository: Mashapaug Pond - Source for interview transcripts and research papers on Mashapaug Pond